Secrets of sleep
A video presentation by Debbie Duignan, Senior Behaviour Consultant and Louise Jones, Behaviour Consultant, Dementia Behaviour Management Advisory Service (DBMAS) on 15 September 2010.
- A practical presentation based on the work of behaviour consultants within DBMAS.
- An outline of the difficulties with sleep that are encountered by people living with dementia and their carers.
- A discussion on the impact of the environment on achieving restful sleep
- Developing good “sleep hygiene”
- Use of light therapy to re align circadian rhythms…where when and how
- Aromatherapy to assist sleep
View the video presentation
Download the presentation (PowerPoint as pdf file – 2,900 Kb)