Advancing Practice in Dementia Care: PowerPoint
|Create Date||July 2, 2015|
|Last Updated||July 15, 2015|
This PowerPoint presentation accompanies the facilitator’s manual, developed to provide health educators or senior clinicians in all health care settings with a comprehensive education program covering core dementia knowledge.
The relevant slides to use for each of the six separate modules are detailed within the manual.
The modules are designed to be delivered either as a full day workshop or as six, hour long education sessions which each build upon the previous session.
The suggested six sessions are:
- Session 1: Overview of dementia
- Session 2: Diagnosing dementia
- Session 3: Treatment and intervention options 1
- Session 4: Treatment and intervention options 2
- Session 5: Philosophy of care
- Session 6: Therapeutic communication and Dementia friendly environments
The Facilitator’s Manual that partners the powerpoint presentation can be downloaded Here
The core modules are also available and can be downloaded Here